Learn Your Limit. Well, you’ve come to the right place. If you’re 21 or older, it’s OK to have a drink. But drinking yourself stupid can take you places you don’t want to go…Check out and share our video, “LYL”. On this page, you’ll find some clever suggestions, alternatives to painful hangovers and some interesting tid-bits to chew on.
So, how does one actually LYL? Here are a few resources. Some serious (look at my face). Some with a little hilarity. The point is, it’s OK to drink if you’re 21+, but remember to pace yourself (ain’t a race), count your drinks, eat, and drink plenty of water. If you’re drinking, toss the keys to someone who’s stone-cold sober.
Offers concrete, research-based information on alcohol and understanding your drinking habits. That whole knowledge is power thing.
Humorous, some may say “sobering” look at the ugly side of binge drinking. Seriously, you don’t wanna be that guy.
Contemplating a house party, but want to avoid someone driving over your mailbox? Try these on for starters.
- Movie/TV show night. Watching a show or a movie is always more fun with a crowd. Swing by Final Cut, invite the gang, crab some food and drinks and push play.
- Ditto the above, but with video games. For a crazy selection (along w/ movies, TV shows and the like), check out Final Cut.
- Board games. So many to choose from. Invite a few people over and game away!
- What ball game is on tonight? Plan something for the Indy 500.
- House parties without the drama. Throw a house party, but limit the amount of booze available. Have one or two people responsible for making sure people aren’t over-indulging. Nix the drinking games and instead crank the stereo…but give your neighbors a courtesy call.
Want to help your friend LYL? Here are 5 easy steps:
- Notice the behavior (drinking)
- Determine whether the drinking is a problem or could be a problem
- Assume the responsibility
- Know how to help
- Take action
Remember, friends don’t let friends puke.